Enrichment Blog for both Lewis & Clark and Washington Elementary
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
2nd Grade Math- week 3
At WA today the students continued with the deductive reasoning puzzles. Many of them have moved onto the second set and are working on "Whose..." after finishing the "Find the..." puzzles.
A little bit about me...I have been a teacher for 15 years. I started my career teaching 5th grade, then through the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation began writing curriculum for the Teacher Leadership Project. I graduated with my Masters Degree from CWU in 2007 focusing in the area of gifted education. This is my 7th year teaching enrichment, my 4th year at Lewis & Clark and 3rd year at Washington.
I have a wonderful husband, two daughters ages 9 and 12, and a loving yellow lab named Tanner. I enjoy spending time with my family, teaching, reading, walking and going down water slides!
I set a goal for myself in October 2009 to try to run at least one 5K race a month for a year. As of Sept. 2010, a year later, I have completed 17 races- including many 10Ks, a triathlon and now a 1/2 marathon! I am a firm believer that we should all set goals for ourselves...it is the first step to accomplishing them!
"The indispensable first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: decide what you want"
Ben Stein
"The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one"
Mark Twain
"If we did all the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves"
Thomas Edison
"The greatest danger for most of us in not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it"
Michelangelo
I hope we will all accomplish great things this year- when we put our minds and our actions toward it!! :+D
Please feel free to call me at school with questions, comments or concerns about our enrichment program.
No comments:
Post a Comment